Sunday, May 9, 2010

An Exciting Week Leads to Summer Doldrums

Happy Mother's Day, Doc!

Chelsea are the English champions, good for them. Apparently, they needed to prove that they deserved it by thrashing poor Wigan 8-0. Wigan apparently wanted to prove that they are in contention for relegation next year. Tottenham proved that they deserved a spot in Europe earlier in the week by going mano-e-mano with Manchester City at Eastlands and destroying City's hopes in front of all their fans. DC United picked up their first league win on the same day and then proceeded to lose (and not score again) at Dallas on Saturday, proving that they are still poor. Perhaps they are trying to prove that the U.S. needs promotion/relegation.

So what am I supposed to do now? Sure, I've got DC, but remember the aforementioned suckitude. I still love going, but it's tough to view their play as "good football/soccer" right now. Okay, La Liga and Serie A are finishing up and they have close races for their top spot. Sorry, I'll check the results, but I am not going to be glued to the games. Same is true for the FA Cup final, mostly because I find it hard to believe that Chelsea will fail to win their first ever domestic double against the likes of Pompey. Champions' League final I'll watch, I'll try to see the Europa League final too. But after that, I guess I'll have to live off every rumor of where Jose Mourinho is headed and wait for the "excitement" of the summer transfer window.

Oh, yeah, and there's some off-season tournament taking place in Africa, but who really cares about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment